Timely Interventions for Families (TIFs) (“us”, “we”, or “our”), which operates the https:// www.tifs-positivefamilies.org website (the “Service”), recognises the importance of protecting our users’ privacy. To that end, we have here a privacy statement and spam policy in order to demonstrate our commitment to privacy. Information on how site content can and cannot be used is also listed below. Please note that spam laws and regulations above and beyond TIFs policies may apply to commercial electronic messages sent to individuals who have elected to list their contact information on the TIFs website.
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device.
Data Processors (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
What Information is Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). This information is used to deliver the information, products and/or services that you request. It may also be used to notify you of future TIFs products, services and/or opportunities that may be of interest to you. When completing these forms, please do not supply another person’s personal data to us unless we prompt you to do so or you have received that individual’s consent to do so. Occasionally, we might receive your contact information from one of our partners. If we do, we protect it in exactly the same way as if you give it to us directly. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Date of Birth
- Telephone contact number
- Address, City, County, Region, Postal code
- Details of your Message to TIFs
- Usage Data
- Emergency Contact details and/or GP Name & Address
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
TIFs and its Web hosting company, acting as TIFs agent, collect and store technical information about your visit to our website (“Usage Data”). We use this information for statistical purposes to make our site more accessible to visitors and the information we collect is not provided to any other third party. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customise our Service. You can enable or disable location services when you use our Service at any time, through your device settings.
How Information Collected is Used
TIFs uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service(s)
- To notify you about changes to our Service(s)
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer which may be similar to those you may have already purchased or enquired about (unless you have opted not to receive such information).
Demographic and profile data collected at our site may be added to a database maintained by TIFs third party service provider TBC to customise your website experience. It may be used to contact users of the website for online surveys or advocacy purposes if the user has indicated an interest.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data
TIFs may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to prepare an Agreement Contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so (including handing out your business card)
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law and /or Good Practice Guidelines
TIFs will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Where we store your information
When you contact us by email or through our website, we store your email address and information on our email server.
Disclosing Data Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, TIFs may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
TIFs may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of TIFs
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
- Safeguard you or another person you discuss during any coaching interactions, as outlined in the Coaching Agreement (discussed with you at the start of any contracted relationship)
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is ever 100% secure. This site uses physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect information collected online including firewalls to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security, 100%.
Email and Spam Policy
We are committed to keeping your e-mail address confidential. We do not sell, rent or lease our email lists to any third-party and we will not provide your personal information to any thirdparty individual, government agency or company at any time unless required to do so by law. We will use your email address solely to provide information about TIFs and its workshops, services and related activities.
TIFs will maintain the information you send via email in accordance with applicable international law. In compliance with GDPR all email sent from our organisation will clearly state who the email is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, all email messages will also contain clear information about how to remove yourself from our mailing list, should you no longer wish to receive email communication from us.
All emails and electronic communications adhere to the following principles:
- TIFs will have a prior relationship with the person receiving any email. (Someone giving their business card is acceptable in this regard, as it implies permission to get in contact. The same is true if someone has sent an email, made contact via the website or requested for TIFs to get in touch verbally).
- A valid “from” and “reply to” address will be included with each message.
- Where there is a subscription list, a confirmation email will be sent checking that the person wishes to be on the list.
- There will always be a clear and efficient way to unsubscribe from any mailing list.
- Any request to cease mailing from an individual or organisation will be honoured in a timely manner.
Please note that spam laws and regulations above and beyond TIFs policies may apply to commercial electronic messages sent to individuals who have elected to list their contact information on the TIFs website.
Communications from TIFs has a strict anti-spam policy. However, we do want TIFs Clients, potential Affiliates or any prospective Clients or those interested in TIFs to be aware of our services, workshops and opportunities as a member of the TIFs community.
Communications from TIFs may include, but are not be limited to the following:
- Messages regarding TIFs workshops, services and subscriptions
- Emails or Blog articles of interest
- Details of any upcoming events, practices and/or appointments
- Invitations to teleconferences, webinars of potential interest
- Invitations to participate in TIFs-initiated and/or -supported research and/or collaborations
- Information about TIFs process improvements, research or service feedback
- Contact via other social media networks e.g. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram
Opting out. Your Choices!
You Have Rights!
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
- You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to TIFs. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
Third Party Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We don’t currently use analytics or native social media ‘like’ or ‘sharing’ buttons via the website, which also build profiles of your internet activity. We may, however, use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service in the future, so an updated version of this Policy will be available via the TIFs website, should this change e.g. use of Google Analytics (see below).
Linking to Other Sites
Children and Young People
Our Site and Service(s) does not specifically address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that children have provided us with Personal Data, please contact us if you would like their data removed. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
You may access, download and print materials on this website for your personal and noncommercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from this website without first obtaining written consent from TIFs.
Furthermore, you may not use the materials found on this website on any other websites or in a networked environment without first obtaining written consent from TIFs. All materials on this site (as well as the organisation and layout of the site) are owned by TIFs. All rights reserved. No reproduction, distribution, or transmission of the copyrighted materials at this site is permitted without the written permission of TIFs.
Please get in touch If you have any questions about this privacy statement.